Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July - Newport, California






Honestly when I thought I was just going to spend the Fourth on the beach, I did not expect all of the OC and then some to be there. It was surreal as I watched from a local home all the summer break crowd party hard and cruise the streets in their holiday best. It was as if I was immersed in a MTV Summer Break fix. We had the beer and dogs to go with it.

I have to say that perspectively it sure was very different from last year's celebration. I was in New Mexico and had just spent the day in the Carlsbad caverns with my cousins. We sat on the edge of a street bordering the local park eating chinese food.

I managed to take some nice sunset shots though! I even found a kite in the bright blue sky! So very befitting for just finishing the movie the Kiterunner.

No comments: