Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LANGUAGE







LANGUAGE

LA ArtLab in conjunction with The Wonder of Reading will be showcasing an amazing display of artwork at the Upstairs Market Gallery in Downtown LA. Ironically this will be the first show I have done in over a decade where I will not be showcasing any photographs. I am excited to merge into other genres giving my creative juices challenge of some sort. I decided to continue exploring my Blank Expression Series. The first are a set of handmade journals, the second a "Paper Wall", and hopefully more to come in the future. I also played with the term "Writer's Block" and called upon the physical nature of what that block might be.

Each artist was always asked to create 10 bookmarkers each for our non-profit organization of choice this time around: The Wonder of Reading. We ask for a $3-$5 donation in exchange for a bookmarker. 100% of the bookmarker goes to the foundation.

Many of us put a lot of hard work and time into each piece and what a truly gifted group I have found myself amongst. Please come and see for yourself!


Upstairs at the Gallery
1057 S. San Pedro St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Sat, Feb. 19th and Sat. Feb. 26

4pm to 11pm

No comments: